Highlighted

Blending Technique line Indicators around ellipse

Contributor ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forum.  

I'm trying to figure out how to blend 2 lines that go around an ellipse and are perfectly perpendicular aligned Horizontal & Vertical. When I do the blend, as seen in the example, the lines are not perpendicular, they tend not to align with the guides. No matter how many steps of distance I try withthe Blend Tool, they wont align to the guides. So the only solution I found, as seen in the example, I duplicated one side which had perfect alignment all around the ellipse to make it 100% perpendicular.

Adobeforum.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

Do you specifically need to use the blend tool or will any method do? With the blend tool, I find as long as I use a number of steps that is a multiple of 4 -1 (i.e. 39, 43, 47, to account for one at each end) I get paths on the 90° markers:

blend rotate.PNG

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blending Technique line Indicators around ellipse

Contributor ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forum.  

I'm trying to figure out how to blend 2 lines that go around an ellipse and are perfectly perpendicular aligned Horizontal & Vertical. When I do the blend, as seen in the example, the lines are not perpendicular, they tend not to align with the guides. No matter how many steps of distance I try withthe Blend Tool, they wont align to the guides. So the only solution I found, as seen in the example, I duplicated one side which had perfect alignment all around the ellipse to make it 100% perpendicular.

Adobeforum.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

Do you specifically need to use the blend tool or will any method do? With the blend tool, I find as long as I use a number of steps that is a multiple of 4 -1 (i.e. 39, 43, 47, to account for one at each end) I get paths on the 90° markers:

blend rotate.PNG

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blend rotate.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, It never occured to me to use less blends, for example I had like 1-10 or 1 to 13, but the 1-4 ratio workded well. The only thing which confused me was, when making the cut using the scissor too, my lines from 4 were becoming 3. (And then bumping up the specified steps)But eventually it worked out well.

Kind regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines