Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blob brush stroke is disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I want to colour a sneaker and for some parts I am using the blob brush tool (for most of it I use Live Paint). Everytime I draw a line first I can see the stroke, but as soon as I let go of the left mouse button it just disappears. What could that be? Thank you very much for your help.

Vale

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Please check your layers panel when drawing. Does the drawing just not appear or is it perhaps behind something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I made a video of the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check your layers panel when drawing. Does the drawing just not appear or is it perhaps behind something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. I don't know how, but it was definitely an issue with the layers. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

When working with the blob brush tool it's also important to get aquainted with the rules of when the strokes get combined and when they don't. There are settings in the tool (double click it) and there are rules for that concering e.g. when objects are grouped. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/painting-fills-strokes.html#draw_and_merge_paths_with_the_...

This would have been the next things to check in case the first assumption hadn't worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines