• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue lines surrounding PNG file display in final image or print - Illustrator 2020 v24.3

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dropped a PNG with a transparent background in one of several layers and the blue line in the pic below showed up. I didn't think anything about it until I exported the whole project to PNG and the same blue line shows up. I also printed it to PDF and when I View > Presentation Mode I see the blue lines. When I select the PNG the blue lines are replaced with the black lines surrounding the image with the "X" connecting all four corners of the box around the image to resize or move the image. Also, the blue lines show up in the transparency (see 2nd pic). I've Googled and read through the forums and have tried several things with no change. I appreciate the help. 

 

1st pic Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 9.08.24 PM.png 

2nd pic Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 9.20.27 PM.png

 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Did you try to erase the border in Photoshop? Maybe there is a real blue pixel line in the file and when selected in Illustrator you will see the selection rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you tried any other png file may be there may be something wrong on file...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to erase the border in Photoshop? Maybe there is a real blue pixel line in the file and when selected in Illustrator you will see the selection rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton, 

There actually was a blue line on the outer edge. It's always the simplest things. 

Thank you,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines