• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Export "Save for Web" (Business Card)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have quite a tedious problem, I am not the best with Illustrator and I have a default business card size 3.5x2 in or 252x144 px artboard I am working on. So I get everything done and my logo and text on it, afterwards I use the "Save for Web" option to export it PNG so I can upload it to a site for them to print, however it is super blurry! Nothing like in the program, I have never experienced this before as I used illustrator a couple times to make some small cards and they came out fine. However they come out blurry and not even readable. I also tried saving as PNG but that changes the resolution of the file when I put 300 DPI. I want to have the same resolution while retaining sharpness, correct me if I am wrong but is that not how vector files work, and if possible is there a solution around this?

Cheers and thank you in advanced.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you upload a PNG for printing?

Save as a PDF and then use that for sending to print. If the printing service doesn't allow PDF, then use a different one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you, I'll try that but another question I have is how would I save it in the same resolution while maintaing the quality so I can have it on my phone for viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THere are PDF viewers available for smartphones. Or do you want to use it a a homescreen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya homescreen preferably. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Find out the pixel dimensions of your homescreen. And thn export it so that it fits in there. That's basically all you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The PNG format converts the document content to pixels, this is why you see it blurry. You need to avoid converting to pixels using a format that supports vector information like PDF.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, that makes more sense... thank you, but would it be possible for me to save it in the same resolution while maintaing the quality so I can have it on my phone for viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines