Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Images When Saved In Illustrator CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, but can't figure it out. I'm trying to create a new logo and now that I've created it, I try to save it and once saved, It looks very blurry/fuzzy. But in illustrator it looks excellent! It's just in the saved copy that looks horrible. I'm new to using Illustrator, and still in the process of learning, I know it's probably something simple to my problem however I've read every forum related on the internet and even on here and all the solutions that have helped others don't work for me... I'm just metally drained and don't know to do, Any help to solve this problem would be helpful.

-Illustrator CC

-Macbook Pro Retina -late 2013

If there's anything else that you would like to know please let me know. I've tried every possible format just about for the logo to be saved as. Even in the browser preview mode in save for web, it looks horrible. I'm needing this logo to be saved as jpeg, png, or something relative.

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this problem since I got a new IMac retina 5k just a few months ago.  Here is a sample of the blurry text.Boteco-Miami-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefani.

Just go through the replies above, whatever we can say is already in the replies above. I am not a expert but have been following

And picked quit a lot from the replies. THANKS GUYS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, did you find a solution for this? this completely sucks... all images exported to jpg and png from illustrator and photoshop are a bit blurred.. the only thing that looks good is doing a screenshot.. which is REALLY annoying..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you seemed to solve the problem as one of the users said above? but the link you posted doesn't work anymore.. care to tell us how to do it?
all my work is blurred..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem and tried to use your link, but as you said, it's disappeared. Would you mind reposting? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, you totally fixed my problem!!! I know this is an old post, but thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely worked for me! Thank you 6 years later 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Thank anyone who can figure it out here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anianiaani schrieb:

Same here... Thank anyone who can figure it out here

Which version?

Which platform?

How exactly do you save?

Please show the image

How exactly do you check the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello has anyone found the solution? I have the same problem. Text looks blurry when I export for web (72dpi) I am working on images for social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on a Retina 5K. How on earth is it that I can screenshot my .ai file at Actual Size (a PNG!) and my text/vectors are beautifully crisp, but I cannot export it as a PNG from CC Illustrator without it looking fuzzy. There should be no visual difference!

The top image shows a textbox exported from Illustrator at 72dpi and viewed Actual Size in normal image preview. The second is a screenshot of the .ai file viewed the same way. What gives?!

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 13.29.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 13.28.54.png

Having Type Optimized checked and Raster Effects at High doesn't fix it. Nor does Export for Screens produce anything different to 'Export As' or 'Save for Web'. This is frustrating....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screendump has a higher resolution than the 72 ppi export.

Try 144 ppi or 2x scale in the Export for screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response - my bad, just checked the dimensions of the screengrab and you are correct. Exporting at a higher ppi does solve the issue but changes the dimensions of the export, which isn't what I want. I'd like to be exporting graphics I've made ready in their required pixel size.

My understanding has always been that vector graphics viewed at Actual Size should look the same when exported at 72dpi without loss of quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Pixel Preview should give a better idea of the final look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, with Pixel Preview, text now looks pretty awful no matter the size.   So... is my only solace that it doesn't look this bad to non retina display users?! And is exporting at 144+ dpi and scaling down to the end-size within the browser honestly the only way we're going to get crisp PNG text?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that saving at 144 ppi and let the browser do the scaling is the easiest way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you! Since I've done my updates on CC I can't get anything to export to PNG crisply. I've done nothing differently to what I normally do yet none of the PNGs (exported at high resolution for print) preview crisply. I thought I was being a bit retarded and missing a setting somewhere, but nothing works and it sounds like I'm not the only one having the problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to 22.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only fix that worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

better late then never.

i think i have the answer for your problem.  

i also had blurry PNG or JPG Immages when exporting in illustrator even though they were linked and highres.
The Vector elements stayed Highres. 

Solution:
When you're "exporting for screens" you can hit the gear icon near the Export Options.
in there you can set your preference to "Art Optimized (supersampling)"  for PNG and JPG

this Improfed the Anti aliasing for Pixel elements significantly. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Frustrating indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot going on in this topic, so much that stating you have the same issue doesn't help anyone. Create a new topic with a full description of your problem. Include screenshots and/or example files that demonstrate the problem and describe exactly how they differ from what you expect/need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fouund my only soluton was to save to desktop as Ai file open it in photodhop and save as jpeg perfect result every time pain in the bum tho photoshop rasters the image perfectly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you export the file, export it as a png and at 300 ppi. This solved the issue for me. export as.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines