Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Images When Saved In Illustrator CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, but can't figure it out. I'm trying to create a new logo and now that I've created it, I try to save it and once saved, It looks very blurry/fuzzy. But in illustrator it looks excellent! It's just in the saved copy that looks horrible. I'm new to using Illustrator, and still in the process of learning, I know it's probably something simple to my problem however I've read every forum related on the internet and even on here and all the solutions that have helped others don't work for me... I'm just metally drained and don't know to do, Any help to solve this problem would be helpful.

-Illustrator CC

-Macbook Pro Retina -late 2013

If there's anything else that you would like to know please let me know. I've tried every possible format just about for the logo to be saved as. Even in the browser preview mode in save for web, it looks horrible. I'm needing this logo to be saved as jpeg, png, or something relative.

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide screenshots, plain and simple. Also tell us about your sizes and DPI settings. The simple answer probably is that you designed your logo at a high DPI setting and a large size and now are disapointed that all your details can't be crammed into those 200 pixels of the web version...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I've been using, settings and all. I've read "Pixel Preview"

should be on, however, Like I've said, I've tried all the solutions that

I've heard/read about without success.

I've attached a few photos of what I'm working with, The text you see is

'part' of the logo that I'm working on, I've tried the text from smallest

to largest and went through same steps for all, still nothing. Hope all

this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought the images uploaded, however if wouldn't let me. Below is a link to my Google Drive where I was successfully able to upload all of them, Each step I took to Create, and Preview, as well as save the 'partial text' of the logo I'm working on.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101686122247863617464/albums/5957889669593702721

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think we need a little more information, please.

How are you saving it? Into what format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the pictures show, I've saved it in PNG and GIF formats and both look

horribly blurry/fuzzy. I've also saved it in all others. PDF is the only

one I've found to work great. Last time I tried it it didn't work. But with

it bring PDF format. I am limited where I can use it due to it not

uploading to most places I need the image. So a JPEG or PNG format is what

I'm looking for overall. But they look horrid. This is probably something

wrong with my settings however I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, could you try this, please? Go to the Effect menu and choose Document Raster Effects Settings... set the resolution to High. I think the problem here is the view you're getting on a Retina display - there's probably nothing actually wrong with the document itself. The Document Raster Effects Settings on a web document is by default 72ppi and this won't look too great on your display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I done what you said. And, Wow! It was a Huge help! However it's still

blurry a bit, better than what it was, but I can tell it 'should' be

sharper but isn't. Has Adobe got a fix for us Retina Display users? I just

recently updated Illustrator CC just 9 days ago and didn't see any

improvement for problems such as I am having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't really something that requires a 'fix' as such - sadly the number of people with Retina displays is still quite small and most of the time devices use some clever upsampling jiggery-pokery that makes the graphics look better.

I have another question for you, now - when you are exporting your image file from Illustrator, are you changing the anti-aliasing settings to Art Optimised? If this is all news to you, are you using the Export for Microsoft Office option? Or Save For Web?

Sorry to have to ask but it helps in helping you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're fine.

I have experimented with the Art & Text Optimized, Still not much of a

success. I haven't tried the Microsoft Office option. I've been mainly

using the Save For Web option, and experimenting with the Export option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - that's the best option. Ok, when you next export (via Save For Web) look over on the right-hand side, about half way down (if I recall correctly) and you'll find a percent field - try an export at 200%, then use the resulting graphic at 50% size - this should have the effect of "doubling" the pixel density (or so I'm told, I'm still using a "standard" display).

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really see any changes with the suggestion you last gave

unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything else I can do? Is adobe working on fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Just a thought - are you just going to be using this graphic on the web? If so, why not save it as an SVG? You can use it on pages just as you would an image, and it will be completely sharp at ANY resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but also in other ways too. I tried the SVG way already. But when I

try to upload it to websites, etc. It won't upload. I think most sites only

support JPEG or PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - just asking - could you upload one of your PNG files to a site so that I can see the actual output. Would it also be possible for you to make your file available via DropBox or similar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,

Here is a direct link to my Google Drive, where I've uploaded a PNG Copy.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101686122247863617464/albums/5957889669593702721/5958767682899683...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry - I may not have been clear - I'd like the .ai file, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that looks pretty much as i'd expect a 960x560 image to look. what do you think is wrong with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks quite blurry/fuzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I uploaded the .ai file wrong, This time it should work, here is the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bD16ZjTVjPeDVadkNObnpVYUE/edit?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - you're ok, I was able to get it anyway.

Ok, could you take a look at this page http://tonyharmer.co.uk/smileMore.html - the link will disappear at 19:00GMT today - and tell me how that looks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still looks a little blurry, pretty much the same as the .ai file looks on my display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!  I have been having the EXACT same problem with all of my AI files!  Ever since I got a new computer (MacBook Pro with Retina), so many things are blurry/jagged!  I have tried "save for web", "export", and PDF.  PDF always comes out clear, but isn't the file type I can use on the web, obviously. 

When I "save for web", it's VERY fuzzy/blurry.  When I export, it exports to a much bigger size. For example, I had to create a 150x150 graphic, and when I export that artboard, it exports as 700x700.  The 700x700 is clear, but if I try to resize it down, it's fuzzy again.  Any other ideas on how else to fix this?  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines