• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry/Pixelated vectors and lines! Please help!

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently built a new pc specifically for graphic design. I also read up on the types of monitors needed for graphic design, so I bought an Acer Nitro 270U. It has 2560 x 1440 resolution, IPS panel and Display Port. I have turned off the GPU Performance in illustrator and used overprint preview, but it has not resolved the issue. I am running windows 10 on the pc and my adobe software’s are all up to date. Anyone who works with illustrator daily will know that vectors are not supposed to looks blurry or pixelated. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you have performed basic troubleshooting yourself which did not help. Make sure you have OS & GPU driver updated to the latest version. If it does not help, I'd recommend contacting the assisted support at https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html(click on chat icon at the bottom to begin conversation). Support team there will be able to perform remote troubleshooting and help you out accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check the setting under the View menu called "Pixel Preview". If this is checked, you'll see a kind of "raster approximation" of the vector artwork, which will make the edges look fuzzy instead of nice and sharp as we expect vector images to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey williamadowling, 

Thank you for the attempt to help, i did go and take a look at that setting but it was checked off. I had one of the adobe support memebers control my computer and check my settings but they were not able to find a solution either. I honestly think it is just an issue with windows because when i export these files and open them on my macbook pro they look flawaless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are the resolution/display settings like on your PC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased 2 new monitors with requirements specifically for design. I have 2 Acer Nitro VG270U with

2560 x 1440 resolution. They are IPS Panels and i am using Display Ports for both of them. All of my drivers are up to date, this includes the monitors and graphics card. So it is kind of odd to me that i have this issue, because i talked with PC builders too, so they could specifically give me the proper build for graphic design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that's good to know. But specifications are not the same as settings. You can have a monitor that's capable of 2560x1440ppi, but if your display settings are set such that the computer is only sending information to the monitor at 800x400 or something, then you'll definitely notice some jagged edges. 

I doubt this is the actual problem, and i certainly don't mean to insult you if all of this is exceedingly obvious. I'm just trying to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines