Highlighted

Bounding Box and Drop Shadows

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with the drop shadow feature and bound box.

I have text that I have added drop shadow effect to it. My issue comes when I add it to the library. When I reimport it from the library to any other file, it is imported but with a cut drop shadow from the last letter, which is likely due to the bounding box only set to the actual text and drop shadow going out of bounds (my theory anyway). This happens when I create outlines for the text and convert it to paths.

My question is can I readjust the bounding box to accommodate the drop shadow?

Thank you in advance!

Correct answer by MhmdFarok | Community Beginner

Thank you all for your advice. I just created a rectangle around with no stroke or fill, grouped it, and then added it to the library, basically just creating new bounds for the bounding box. But I'll try alt dragging as well.

Thanks again!

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bounding Box and Drop Shadows

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with the drop shadow feature and bound box.

I have text that I have added drop shadow effect to it. My issue comes when I add it to the library. When I reimport it from the library to any other file, it is imported but with a cut drop shadow from the last letter, which is likely due to the bounding box only set to the actual text and drop shadow going out of bounds (my theory anyway). This happens when I create outlines for the text and convert it to paths.

My question is can I readjust the bounding box to accommodate the drop shadow?

Thank you in advance!

Correct answer by MhmdFarok | Community Beginner

Thank you all for your advice. I just created a rectangle around with no stroke or fill, grouped it, and then added it to the library, basically just creating new bounds for the bounding box. But I'll try alt dragging as well.

Thanks again!

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce that, can you show or share something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. Below is a screenshot with the bounding box, so the top text is drop shadowed and path outlined (changed it from text to path). I added it to my library and reimported below it, which you can see that the "O" shadow is like cut and not complete. I believe it might be due to the bounding box.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.13.38 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see,  this seems to happen with outlined text placed Linked from the CC Library.

It does not happen when the type is not outlined or when the library item is placed as a Copy (Alt dragged).

You can report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of things you can do.

One is to hold down the Alt key while dragging the library item onto the artboard. Perhaps you may then want to turn on the Use Preview Bounds option that is located in the Align palette flyout menu (or in the Illustrator preferences).

Another way is to just (link) place the library object and then embedd it in the Links palette. You may then have to delete a couple of clipping paths to get what you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0