• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding box doesn't show in screen shots

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Illustrator 25.2.3 on an M1 MacBook Pro. I want to take screen shots of a design in Illustrator showing the bounding box around certain objects as they relate to guides in the art, but when I take screen shots, the bounding box (which IS on/enabled) disappears. The document's guides still show in the screen shots.

Any tips on how to get the screen shot I want without drawing a fake bounding box for the screen shot?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press shift + cmd + 5 to activate the screenshot tools. If desired, adjust the frame as needed to designate the area to capture. Click the Options button, then click again to dismiss it (or select an option, then dismiss). This makes the bounding box visible. Then click the Capture button or press return.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the tip.

It didn't work at first, but for some reason it occured to me that it might be a glitch due to me using a second display with my laptop. I usually work at my desk while viewing Illustrator on an LG UltraFine display.

I shoved all my work over into the tiny laptop display and tried it again. That time the bounding box showed up when I clicked "Options" as you described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines