• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding box issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been having problems with "ghost selections". By this I mean bounding boxes showing up that are not actually selected and do not show as selected in the Layers palette and won't de select. And even sometimes when making an  actual selection, finding it incudes elements that are in an altogeher different grouping and even locked! The only way I've found to deselect or to unlink these separately grouped elements, is to shut down and reboot the computer. Which is frustrating and irritatingly time comsuming.

I'm using the latest version of Illustrator on a 27" iMac Pro running Big Sur 11.2.3. I'm not sure what aspect of my setup is causing this or how to resolve it. Anybody else encountered this type of problem?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue pop up here and there over many many years, sometimes even after exhausting any possible grouped items with compound shapes and masked items etc, it's just a shut down and restart job to 'fix' it.

I think it is ligitimately a 'thing' sometimes, that there is an obkect somewhere within the selection, but often just a bug. when it is a 'thing' it usually turns up due to what seems like another bug, where I have used 'paste in front' or behind, and the pasted item, doesnt actually appear in the same place as intended but waaaay off screen somewhere, yet still adheres to being pasted within a masked selection of items usually within a masked image area.

Posting to hear if there are other experiences and fixes.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines