• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box Reset is grayed out : (

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am working with some objects in IA, and I want to reset the bounding box(es).  When I click on Transform, the Reset Bounding Box option is grayed out : (

Help, please!

DC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

You cannot reset bounding boxes for shapes like rectangles, ellipses, polygons and lines.

You need to expand the shape: Object > Shape > Expand Shape, to reset the bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kinds of objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Polygons (6 sided), squares.  I can SEE the bounding boxes, and I can make them go away/return.  But when I go to Transform, the Reset Bounding Box option is grayed out.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.55.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot reset bounding boxes for shapes like rectangles, ellipses, polygons and lines.

You need to expand the shape: Object > Shape > Expand Shape, to reset the bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, Ton!  It worked, you are a genius.  Thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY a lot!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with a rotated and stretched out hexagon and 'Expand' still didn't let me reset the bounding box. When I went to 'Object' ===> Compound Path' ===> 'Make' the bounding box reset immediately and when I checked the 'Reset Bounding Box' was no longer greyed out in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
52m ago 52m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to reset the bounding box on every kind of object. Why would Adobe remove this functionality? I don't want to be forced to expand my strokes just to reset their bounding box. I shouldn't have to do that when I never had to before. Very annoying when Adobe continues to break things that were working fine before 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a shape you need to Object > Shape > Expand Shape to reset the bounding box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be there if you made changes and created and different angles.   For rectangle you need to expand . In this example it is a line.

Will be helpuful to give us screenshots!!

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.00.14.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.00.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D9BDF16-06E4-4D4A-8D73-7ECA81983909.jpeg

hello, can some one help me with this the above image? I cant transform the scale. Tried with reset bounding box and expand shape but nothing happen. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Show Bounding Box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines