Highlighted

Bounding boxes

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I've got a file with several artboards. I have drawn a simple rectangle and the bounding box is acting weird. At one location in the file, there is no points on the bounding box. If I move the shape to another location in the file, then the box appears. Can sometimes even show just half the BB.

Image 1 - no points to select on BB

Leah_Ward_0-1598840721928.png

Image 2 - I move the shape slightly and I get half of the selection points

Leah_Ward_1-1598840765563.png

Image 3 - move again and all of the points show up

Leah_Ward_2-1598840805888.png

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks Leah.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MikeGondek | Adobe Community Professional

We are glad to help Leah. If the issue comes back then try restarting Illustrator or even better your computer.  This can flush out any issues picked up by plug ins from Illustrator or your OS that may be corrupting your ram cache and how illustrator performs. If you open your web browser and the issue returns then that is helpful for us to know.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bounding boxes

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I've got a file with several artboards. I have drawn a simple rectangle and the bounding box is acting weird. At one location in the file, there is no points on the bounding box. If I move the shape to another location in the file, then the box appears. Can sometimes even show just half the BB.

Image 1 - no points to select on BB

Leah_Ward_0-1598840721928.png

Image 2 - I move the shape slightly and I get half of the selection points

Leah_Ward_1-1598840765563.png

Image 3 - move again and all of the points show up

Leah_Ward_2-1598840805888.png

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks Leah.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MikeGondek | Adobe Community Professional

We are glad to help Leah. If the issue comes back then try restarting Illustrator or even better your computer.  This can flush out any issues picked up by plug ins from Illustrator or your OS that may be corrupting your ram cache and how illustrator performs. If you open your web browser and the issue returns then that is helpful for us to know.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it get better when you turn off the GPU acceleration in the Preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah, that is odd, what version of illustrator are you using and on what platform?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant, thanks for getting back to me. I've actually come into my office today (after working from home) and opened the file on my new monitor. It seems to be okay again. I'm using the most current Adobe CC. It was really weird, and had confused me for days, but now it seems to be okay. I'm so sorry for the disruption to your day, but thank you for getting in touch. If it happens again, I'll get back to the post.

Cheers and thanks again! Leah.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1