• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[ Branched ] Double clicking in opened Illustrator files does not work

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when working on Adobe Illustrator, I can't double-click on texts to edit it. I have to click on the Text tool on the Toolbar before I can edit texts. Also, I can't change the colour of objects or texts by double-clicking on the fill colour on Toolbar. I have to go through Swatch on the Control bar before I can change the colour. I can't also collapse iconic panels by double-clicking on them too. Doble-clicking to isolate a particular object in a set of grouped objects doesn't work too.

That means anything that has to do with double-clicking doesn't work on my Illustrator. 

It's really frustrating. Please, any solution to solve this issue? I'm using Adobe Illustrator 2021 (25.2).

[ branched from Double Clicking Illustrator Files Does Nothing (seemingly)  to Illustrator forum by moderator ]

[ title changed by moderator ]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Sorry about this trouble. In addition to the details asked by Monika, you may also try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

Which pointing device do you use?

Does it work with a different one?

Did you already restart the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a Lenovo Thinkpad W520. It worked on another computer when I installed it. I've tried updating my drivers and restarted several times but nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry about this trouble. In addition to the details asked by Monika, you may also try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines