• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brand colors changing automatically

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! I'm trying to figure out a mystery with a logo I've created. I'm very new to the game (really, a nonprofit employee wearing many hats), and last year, I designed a logo after taking an online course. Now I'm trying to fix some issues I've noticed with color consistency. We have four brand colors, which started in HEX mode (I'm realizing now, with more knowledge, that perhaps should have started with PMS colors, but that's neither here nor there now...). I created a palette in Illustrator with said HEX colors, and designed from there. As with any logo, it's used online and for print purposes. When I go in Illustrator now, a few of the colors have switched HEX colors. They're very similar to the original, and probably not detectable by most people, but still, I'd like to fix it.

I'm guessing it might have to do with some sort of beginner's error I committed while switching between RGB and CMYK mode. Is there a right way of doing this so colors aren't off? Should I dump the color palette and enter color values another way? A funny thing that happens: when I update the hex value in the palette, it automatically switches right back to the incorrect one. Why? I'd love some insight on this.

I'm also wondering if I should be saving separate RGB and CMYK versions of the logo for those who want to use it? I've never heard of anyone doing that before, but am just stumped at what's happening with the colors...

Thanks in advance for any insight/tips!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Hex colors are just another way of describing RGB colors.

It depends on the RGB profile how they look.

RGB color can often not be reproduced with CMYK printing inks an will change when converting between RGB and CMYK.

It may be useful to read a little about color.

Here is a start:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, can you share a sample .ai file, so one may have a closer look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hex colors are just another way of describing RGB colors.

It depends on the RGB profile how they look.

RGB color can often not be reproduced with CMYK printing inks an will change when converting between RGB and CMYK.

It may be useful to read a little about color.

Here is a start:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines