• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Break up "outlined stroke" at all corners into segments

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I am trying to break up an outlined text into its separate shape segments to give it that bevelled look after I apply gradientas

Everytime I tried to Slice the outlined stroke at the corner anchor points, it just doesn't slice as if it's a shape. I tried converting it into Shape and even tried Release Compound path after converting it into a Compound path and it doesn't simply break it up. Any. thoughts? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.21.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.24.18 PM.png 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your inner shapes look like they aren't even actually closed paths and you let the fill rules handle that part? If so, then oof course this won't work. Outside that, given the quirky nature of compound paths, it may simply be necessary to dissolve the groups, do all the cutting and anchor point mangling on the released shapes and then recombine them into a compound shape.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Draw lines and then use the shapebuilder tool.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-07 um 19.53.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines