• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring forward, send back shortcut command] and command[ not working

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am just now experiencing some shortcut keys that are no longer working. The bring forward and send backwards shortcuts Command[ and Command] not working. The bring to front and send to back shortcuts Command+shift+[ and Command + shift + ] both work. It is just the single layer movement up or back that is not working.  I have checked the forum and haven't seen anything specific to this but I did try some of the troubleshooting from some other shortcut key issues and they did not resolve the problem.

I reset settings to default. restarted illustrator etc.

I checked the functionality of the feature by going to object>arrange>bring forward and object>arrange>send back as well as right click>arrange> bring forward/send back and that works.

I just want to figure out why the shortcut keys have stopped since it is a *huge* time saver for me.

Any info would be a great big help and would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There has been no change in the Illustrator keyboard shortcuts.

Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Is the shortcut not working with a specific file or all? Is there any other application running with Adobe Illustrator?

You may also try resetting the Adobe Illustrator manually. Please follow instructions below:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Lib

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There has been no change in the Illustrator keyboard shortcuts.

Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Is the shortcut not working with a specific file or all? Is there any other application running with Adobe Illustrator?

You may also try resetting the Adobe Illustrator manually. Please follow instructions below:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just found the same problem lately, it was completely fine not long ago, I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just the shortcut?

Which language is your system, keyboard and Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the shortcuts, menu commands work just fine. I'm using Traditional Chinese Windows 10, English keyboard and Illustrator. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, I guess you're right, I found the fix on a Chinese forum. I think it's a recent Windows update that took away the US keyboard, it was a default for me before that. I just added it back as my default keyboard and that's fixed! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Using a German keyboard with Illustrator in different languages I'm running into this issue frequently 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines