• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken line

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I draw a line it constantly stops making it impossible to draw a continuous line. Why?

20210526_162426.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you use as input device, a pen, a mouse, trackpad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the settings for the pen? Maybe an update for the driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what a driver is, but different pens show the same problem so i dont think the pen is the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A driver is the software that makes the pen work.

Check the settings for the pen, find the manufacturer and check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 different pens. One is electronic and could have software on it, the other however is not. They both show the same problem. Therefore like i said before the problem is probably not in the pen but in something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a non-electronic pen, so you mean an ink pen? If your ink pen is exhibiting the same issues then I can only surmise that's it's user interface is disfunctional in some way. Did you skip breakfast?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skip breakfast? Is that a saying or something? 

Its a normal pen, you can use it to draw on paper. But it also has a soft tip so you can also use it to draw on computers. 

A userinterface sounds like you are reverensing the pen, but how can a pen have a user interface? That sounds like it has software or something but it does not. 

I think it may be something inside illustrater, it seems when i do nothing for a while the problem gets a bit less. So maybe illustrator has trouble loading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every device that you use for input in your computer has a driver somewhere in the system that makes it work. Without a driver it won't work.

Please tell us about your computer, the system and Illustrator. Are we talking about the iPad version? Or is this a touch device? And which pen do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hp pavilion laptop with touchscreen 

I use adobe illustrator 2021 

These are the pen's that i use 

Screenshot_20210526-180445_Chrome.jpg

 it says: styles pen's for tablet and smartphones 

Screenshot_20210526-180416_Chrome.jpgzwart means its black so not really important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"you can also use it to draw on computers"

So it still needs a driver, and there should be softwear or a settings panel in the system that allows you to fine tune your device(s) - this is where you need to make your changes.

If neither pen came with instructions there's going to be a manual or instructions online, go to the web page for the pen maker and read-up on this there. It's not an Illustrator issue in of itself, unless Illustrator or your system is incompatible with the pens, which is unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be software for your device (what is it you are working with?).

So look at pressure settings for your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry can you be a bit more specific? What device do you mean? My laptop? And could i find those pressure settings somewhere in illustrator for example or in another program? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With device I mean your touch sensitive laptop.

There must be settings to control the pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines