Highlighted

Broken Links

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced my file server. Now many of my linked images can't be found. How can I view the original path in order to make sure it is accessible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Broken Links

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced my file server. Now many of my linked images can't be found. How can I view the original path in order to make sure it is accessible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flip the arrow at the bottom of the links palette, and look for Location..

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 1.54.08 PM.png

Would also recommend renaming your server to the exactly same name and folder structure as before, unless you have to change the file path for other reasons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have 3 months worth of Adobe Illustrator design board work. We moved our office and everything was migrated to a new server. None of the design boards have any pictures on them. The Links Palette has no record of the previous path. Do I have to relink everything maually? That will take weeks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a folder next to the Illustrator file that has the name Links and that folder contains the linked images, Illustrator will find them automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines