Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush direction keeps changing

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I created an art brush out of several blobs placed undernearth each other and set the brush direction to follow the "stream" of the blobs. When using the brush, however, the direction of the brush is in a 90 degree angle compared to the stream. I edit the brush and change the direction, only to see the brush rotate 90 degrees in the preview window. So the direction is still in a 90 degree angle compared to the flow of the brush. I tried to create another brush with different elements, but the same problems persists. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Hi. I've seen this issue when a brush is created vertically. It seems that vertical-ness takes over any brush direction given to it. I even think I've seen this bug report in the Illustrator bug area (I suggest up-voting it, if you can find it at https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html)

The only fix I've found is to take the actual items you organized into a brush, rotate THEM 90 degrees and make THAT a brush. For me, that's fixed things in the past. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I've seen this issue when a brush is created vertically. It seems that vertical-ness takes over any brush direction given to it. I even think I've seen this bug report in the Illustrator bug area (I suggest up-voting it, if you can find it at https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html)

The only fix I've found is to take the actual items you organized into a brush, rotate THEM 90 degrees and make THAT a brush. For me, that's fixed things in the past. Hope it helps!

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines