Brush keeps switching to "touch calligraphic brush"

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I am trying to paint with a uniform, basic brush, but every time I select it and start drawing, it switches to touch calligraphic brush, see below. I cannot delete the brush it keeps switching to. This happens whether I am using my tablet or my mouse (CC, and Mac user as you can see). My workaround is to create a different calligraphic brush that looks more like the basic one, but I'm still curious as to why this is happening.

Thanks!

incubo

Jun-29-2017 11-40-33.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017
"Uniform, basic" brush means: no brush at all.But the brush tool cannot draw without a brush. So it will always apply whatever is present.If you want to draw without a brush, use the pencil tool instead.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Uniform, basic" brush means: no brush at all.

But the brush tool cannot draw without a brush. So it will always apply whatever is present.

If you want to draw without a brush, use the pencil tool instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is strange you saying that. I can paint with a few lines with BASIC brush, then after a while (or when I'm hitting ctrl+z), it turns into calligraphy brush, which I don't want to use. I can't use Illustrator now, because that brush makes thick, ugly lines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thubakabra  schrieb

It is strange you saying that. I can paint with a few lines with BASIC brush, then after a while (or when I'm hitting ctrl+z), it turns into calligraphy brush, which I don't want to use. I can't use Illustrator now, because that brush makes thick, ugly lines.

There is no "Basic" brush.

Clicking on "Basic" removes the brush.

The brush tool won't work without a brush so it applied whatever is listed first in the brushes panel. The very moment you draw with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Well then I guess I have egg on my face and my workaround was the correct solution all along and it was down to semantics. Good to understand though, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This support person specifically seems like a bot. Theres dozens of people saying that they have already used the brush, and even you managed to use it for a while the way we wanted, but acordingly with her theres no way. So were all lying?

Community Guidelines: "Be kind and respectful..." she answered in other issue equal to this with big red words those same things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select 'basic' in the brushes panel or the control bar.

Select the brush tool and draw a path.

Select the path. Look in the appearance panel. What brush does it say you used?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This support person specifically seems like a bot.

By @defaultoe4g2hy9teug

This "support person" is not a support person at all. I am not even Adobe staff. As about 95% of people answering in this forum I am a volunteer.

And I am just stating the facts. I can't tell you any other thing. There is nothing to excuse here or to be sorry for. It's how the software works. So what should I tell you?

If you don't like it, post a feature request. http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines