Highlighted

Brush limit Illustrtor?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious is there a limit to the number of brushes you can have loaded? Or a folder limit?

I brought a large pack of brushes to help with my designs, but I can not load them all. They work fine separately but when I try to load a chunk of them it doesn't work. I've tried all at once, sections of them at a time, even singly. 

When it reaches a certain point it can no longer load any illustrator file. And I have to go back and delete the brushes. Not to mention I have to close and reload Illustrator every time I want to see if removing or adding a brush has changed something.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush limit Illustrtor?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious is there a limit to the number of brushes you can have loaded? Or a folder limit?

I brought a large pack of brushes to help with my designs, but I can not load them all. They work fine separately but when I try to load a chunk of them it doesn't work. I've tried all at once, sections of them at a time, even singly. 

When it reaches a certain point it can no longer load any illustrator file. And I have to go back and delete the brushes. Not to mention I have to close and reload Illustrator every time I want to see if removing or adding a brush has changed something.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are your troubles about?

Loading man brushes libraries and using some of the brushes in your file?

Trying out a lot of brushes in your file and then deleting the brushstrokes if you don't like the brush?

Having a lot of brushstrokes in your artwork?

What kind of brushes are they? The watercolor kind? Detailed pencil strokes? intricate patterns?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I literally copy brushes over to folder of brushes as I've been told to do in tutorials. But it literally makes it so I can not load illustrator at all. An error comes up (shown below)

Screenshot (16).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what do you copy where?

And when does this pop up?

What makes you think it's related to your brushes?

And what kind of brushes are they?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I start off by going to the below location

Screenshot (21).png

Then I copy the files on the right, to the folder on the left. 

Screenshot (22).png

The brushes then work fine. So I close illustrator.

Screenshot (23).png

And when I open up illustrator to use again, I get the fault which appears on the loading screen before the app has launched completely.

Screenshot (16).png

If I then remove the brushes I can load Illustrator normally. I just find it weird that if I did any of these brush folders singularly it works fine. It is just when I add too many of them it does this.

As for what kind of brush they are, I'm unsure what you mean. The file type is .ai or if you mean more the style they are all sort, scatter, pattern, calligraphy, brush stokes (sorry unfamiliar with this terminology) .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0