• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush lines to be wider on its crossing

Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm trying brushes (both paint and blob) and would love to get this effect when lines become larger on its connection, like this: 

widerlines.jpg

I tried the pression trick but it doesn't give this effect. Outline stroke and then adjust evety line tip with A tool -- this is too hot with numerous strokes. Any ideas?  Thanks! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

There are a few ways you could try. First, you could select the paths and change the Width Profile to something that widens near the end. Second, if you want more control over the width at the end, you could use the Width Tool (Shift + W). And a third option includes the Astute Graphics plugin, Width Brush Tool, where you can brush over the parts you want to widen and use the Width Selector panel to specify the width.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

The width tool works with pattern brushes and art brushes, but it doesn't work with calligraphy brushes.

"Basic" is not a brush,  but just a normal stroke.

If you want width profiles defined by pen pressure on a graphic tablet, you'll need indeed WdthScribe. But you can use the width tool instead of calligraphy brushes (just defining every single width variation you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few ways you could try. First, you could select the paths and change the Width Profile to something that widens near the end. Second, if you want more control over the width at the end, you could use the Width Tool (Shift + W). And a third option includes the Astute Graphics plugin, Width Brush Tool, where you can brush over the parts you want to widen and use the Width Selector panel to specify the width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I tried Width profiles and Width tool, indeed not bad, but I coudn't achieve this smoothly connection  as on the picture. It seems that Astute Graphics is something that I need, thanks a lot for a hint! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD -- as I was affraid, this Width Brush Tool, as well as Width tool, doesn't work with brushes (exept basic), so I cannot catch how to get this effect of soft lines merging. Can anybody give some idea?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The width tool works with pattern brushes and art brushes, but it doesn't work with calligraphy brushes.

"Basic" is not a brush,  but just a normal stroke.

If you want width profiles defined by pen pressure on a graphic tablet, you'll need indeed WdthScribe. But you can use the width tool instead of calligraphy brushes (just defining every single width variation you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll try all these ways !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines