Brush making pathing

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm hoping I can explain this properly to try and make this work so here goes.

I'm trying to create a shading brush, I`ve created the brush and all I'd like to change is getting the brush to run from the path I draw as opposed to it laying halfway through the path. So the path is the base instead of the halfway point. Hopefully that makes sense.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021
What you could do is make a new brush based on your shading brush that includes a rectangle with no fill and no stroke that's the same height as what makes up your shading brush. Then when Illustrator centers the new brush along a path, it will appear that it's placing the part you want along the path.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you could do is make a new brush based on your shading brush that includes a rectangle with no fill and no stroke that's the same height as what makes up your shading brush. Then when Illustrator centers the new brush along a path, it will appear that it's placing the part you want along the path.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines