Highlighted

brush reverting

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm new to illustrator so maybe im just being a big dumb dumb but every now and again my brush keeps reverting to whatever it was on previous whenever i change the settings. e.g. I was on 5pt red stroke and changed it to 1pt black stroke when i go to use it my brush turns back to the 5pt red stroke. And can anyone tell me why colour picker doesnt work on the changing the stroke colour either? is that just for fill? 

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

brush reverting

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm new to illustrator so maybe im just being a big dumb dumb but every now and again my brush keeps reverting to whatever it was on previous whenever i change the settings. e.g. I was on 5pt red stroke and changed it to 1pt black stroke when i go to use it my brush turns back to the 5pt red stroke. And can anyone tell me why colour picker doesnt work on the changing the stroke colour either? is that just for fill? 

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Sounds like you have technical issues on your system. without specific info we can't realyl tell you much, but the most common cause for such weird behaviors are crooked tablet drivers that may misinterpret inputs and inadequate graphics drivers that mess with on-screen color sampling. As a simple remedy you might try to revert to software-only display mode and see if it improves matters, but you will of course still have to straighten out the other issues. for anything else we simply need much more info.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response! I'll have a play around with software-only display mode and see what happens. I have a pretty high spec laptop that I purchased brand new this year for gaming so i really didnt think i would have any issues running creative software haha oh well 🙂  

again thank you for the response and if it isnt too much to ask could you perhaps send me a message so i can pick your brain about where i should be looking to help resolve these issues? 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the menu of the appearance panel is "New art has basic appearance" turn on or off?

And if it's on, what happens if you turn it off?

Also: If you want to use a variable width profile, then this won't work when you also use the brush tool. You need to draw with the pencil tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0