• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush stroke outline for text is not working

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue with using the brush stroke as the outline of the text. The first image was the effect I had. But somehow it is not working anymore as on the second image. I am not sure if I had clicked / locked any tools by mistake. (I have already re-installed the AI. However, the function of brush outline is still not working) Would you have an advice for me? Thanks!

1.JPG2.JPG

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

I was a little confused by this, but when I added another stroke (this is key) to the text object I was able to apply the brush to that stroke.

Also if you have an Appearance you like in one document it might be best to save it as a Graphic Style and apply to other text objects. If your Graphic Style has multiple strokes an fills make sure they are all living at the Object level and not at the Character level to correctly apply as a Graphic Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to select the text object with the Selection tool (black arrow)

Then open the Appearance panel

Add a stroke to the text object

Apply the brush to that stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is still no way I can add a brush stroke outline. Would you know if there is any step I missed?

3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you now click on a brush that doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a little confused by this, but when I added another stroke (this is key) to the text object I was able to apply the brush to that stroke.

Also if you have an Appearance you like in one document it might be best to save it as a Graphic Style and apply to other text objects. If your Graphic Style has multiple strokes an fills make sure they are all living at the Object level and not at the Character level to correctly apply as a Graphic Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi both, 

Yes I have figured it out in the end! Thanks for the advice and quick help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines