• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes and Colors wont save

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to save any color swatches or brushes that I've created. I thought it was a one-off and now after trying to add assets several times it's not working. I've checked youtube and the forums and nothing. Am I the only one with this problem?!
TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that:

1. you can't add swatches/brushes to their panel

2. you can't save a swatch/brush library

3. you can't save swatches to a CC library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks doug,

I can save (and this is on the computer version) I can add and save swatches and custom brushes. Yet if I close the page I'm working on or even open a new tab. All of the swatches saved , as well as brushes; they are just as they would be if I had not saved, added or changed anything. Please help

Oh and I'm not talk about to the cc library I'm talking about in the pannel ie. Brushes/ Swatches . I save them in folders and every toutorial I look at confirms this should be correct what am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator libraries (graphic styles/swatches/brushes/symbols) are specific to the document they are in -- they are not Illustrator-wide. If you save a brush in one document, it only exists in that document.

To share libraries between documents, you can open Illustrator files as libraries -- that is, they open in a panel window showing just, for instance, the brushes in that file. That's what all the libraries are under Window > Brush Libraries -- Illustrator files that have been saved with a bunch of brushes in them and nothing else.

You can open any Illustrator file as a library (either from Window > Brush/Swatch/Graphic Style/Symbol Libraries > Other Library, or from the menu in the appropriate panel). Thus, if you want to save your own, add it to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_GB\x64\Brushes (this is where the brushes under 'User Defined' are stored). Open it, then in the drop-down menu for the library, tick 'Persistent'.

The brush (or whatever) still won't exist in a new document until you click on it in the library panel, but the panel will persist as part of your workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm, very interesting thank you. I got down to User-defined in the Window>Brush Libraries (and others) section yet User-defined it greyed out. By chance is there a way to fix this.

Tks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you did not save your own library, this is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines