• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug - Adjustments made when using Arc and Spiral Tool with Wacom Tablet causes inconsistant results

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. When I'm using the Arc Tool or Spiral Tool, pressing one of the adjustment keys (up arrow or down arrow) causes a very fast adjustment. For the Spiral Tool in particular, pressing the R key to flip the spiral, will cause the shape to quickly jump back and forth between the two states, almost making it like a coin toss to possibly land on the correct one. Basically the behavior is similar to having the key held down the instant it's pressed.

This seems to only happen when working with a Wacom tablet. Using the mouse will result in normal behavior.

Also when I tried to use LICEcap to grab a gif of the problem, the Arc Tool and Spiral Tool started acting "normal" (each push of the up or down arrow would increment or decrement once instead of a quick continuous change, and the R key for the spiral would flip it just once per push.)

I'm using AI v25.2.3 on Windows 10 v20H2, OS Build 19042.928

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alwin Kuruvilla,
We're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe Illustrator and thank you for providing us with so much helpful information. Have you checked if there are any driver updates available for your Wacom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines