Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bug in running installed jsx script as part of recorded actions

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I developped a script named Corius_MultiPDF-Exporter. I installed it in the illustrator preset/scripts folder and it is accessible in menu File>Scripts.
I can record an action to launch this script, but it runs only if it's the first played step :
- This record doesn't work and return a "The object <ScriptName> is not currently available" when getting to my script :
RecordedActionSet
    - play another recorder action set
    - save document
    - Corius_MultiPDF-Exporter  (recorded with "insert Menu Item")
if I select the step calling my script and play it, then the script is launched without issue. If i change the steps order in this recorded action set and place the call to my script in first, the whole record set runs smoothly. But as soon as their is previous steps, the error object not currently available occurs.

If I just remove the call to my script from the recorded action set, and play the set, then running my script from File>Script, my script runs smoothly. (meaning the previous steps have no impact on my script integrity or ability to performs its own actions).

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

complement of information :
I'm on win10, using illustrator 25.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I had the same issue. I can't explain it. Everything seemed to be correct, when I tried to play an action separately, the script worked fine but once arrived at the following action, the related script didn't work and I got the same Msgbox "Obeject "script_name" is currently not available".

This how I "solve" it:

1- I deactivate the "Play action" (toggle item on.off ) in all actions

2-If I want to play all the actions one by one from the beginning till the end: I check "step by step" in the "playback options". Then, I click on the parent "Set", and play.

3-I I want to play certain actions, I select them by "Shift+click" and then play them.

Amine23526370y7t4_1-1646922439163.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines