• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: No text visible when typing

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correcting text in textbox creates invisible text over existing text as if nothing happens. Only if I drag the textbox, the typed/corrected text suddenly appears. Then after that it behaves normally again, until, seemingly random it happens again. It drives me insane. It seems to happen mostly when I have just copied a piece of text from a previous document version and paste it in. It pastes fine, but after that this invisible typing happens more often somehow.

I run the very latest version of Illustrator (always up-to-date) and this has happened now for a month or so. I assumed my computer was just slow, as sometimes I get incredibly slow typing text as well (I type a character and it appears after 5 full seconds only). But with all applications closed on a MacBook Air (and after a fresh restart), this still occurs. I even checked FontBook and have no problem fonts (and very few fonts installed (abut 30?). Also it happens with various fonts. So it's not a specific font issue.

Hope anyone can help. I see this problem mentioned nowhere online.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?