• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last few years, I'm finding bugs constantly.  Something has happened at Adobe at a time when these tools are costing me more than ever, reliability is getting worse and worse.  I'm finding new bugs as soon as I launch the new updates lately.  I'm not sure what I can do about this.  I can't make time to be an unpaid beta tester, constantly reporting bugs, doing videos to illustrate them, etc.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. With all of the lost files, reverting to old versions to save work, lags and crashes, not to mention all of the little bugs with color sampling or floating/missing graphics, getting stuck in CPU view (these just off the top of my head in the last two days), we've actually discussed alternative software that won't add hours to our work. There are glitches that remain or return after literally years of updates. I love new features, but wouldn't mind skipping out on them for a year or two if it meant having functional software for once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would happily skip new features for awhile and instead just let Adobe deal with all the bugs that are getting introduced with each update.  Something has happened with Adobe in the way they develop their software and they really need to get it back in control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. I have shared your feedback with the team. Is there any specific issue you're talking about? We'd also request you to share the version of OS & Illustrator.

You may share your feedback/suggestions about the app on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/). This forum is monitored by engineering & they'll be happy to look into it in upcoming releases.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They stated what they were, "With all of the lost files, reverting to old versions to save work, lags and crashes, not to mention all of the little bugs with color sampling or floating/missing graphics, getting stuck in CPU view (these just off the top of my head in the last two days)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some bugs that I haven't bothered to talk about. I've had this weird bug for years across several versions of Illustrator where I'll just be working, then I press undo a few times and suddenly, Illustrator makes a selection which always involves text, and I have to use a trick I discovered to make the selection go away.  You can't just click elsewhere to deselect. Illustrator selects the text. It won't go away even if you lock the layer, hide the layer, the selection is still there. If you resize the selection it will resize the text.  The trick I discovered is that if I select the text tool, click on the text that appears to be selected, then hit control/enter, it will deselect that piece of text, then jump to another piece of text elsewhere on the document. So I repeat that process, maybe 3 or 4 times until it finally is no longer selecting anything. Then I can continue with whatever work I was doing.  And a long standing issue I've had with Illustrator which I did report years ago is the problem with scaling objects that have a stroke.  Basically, it warps the object. So if you start with a circle with a stroke, then type a new size like 5" for example.  I will scale to 5.154 x 5.0589.  The more you type new sizes, you will eventually get an oval. The larger the stroke, the faster you reach an oval.  That is very dangerous flaw, and it has been a part of Illustrator for as long as I can remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your issue with scaling an object with a stroke: this usually happens when "Sclae strokes&effects" is turned on as well as "Use Preview bounds". Illustrator simply cannot calculate that correctly - it's too complex.

As for the text thing: I don't understand that. Can you describe step by step? And maybe it's better to post a bug report on Uservoice (see above for URL. This is a public forum. Staff is marked as "Staff"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the text thing is weird. Let's say I have a document with a bunch of boxes, and some text here and there.  I'm moving the boxes around. Then I decide to undo a few times.  Suddenly, Illustrator selects text for no reason.  Actually, I captured it a few weeks ago but never uploaded it.  The selected text can not be deselected in any kind of normal way.  Even if I lock and hide all the layers, that selection will still be visible.  There is no logical reason why Illustrator decides to select the text.  It just happens. If you look at the screen shot, you see that it has selected text in two places.  To get rid of the selection, I will switch to the text tool, then click on the "Color 3", then press control/enter.  Then the selection will jump to JOB TYPE. I'll click JOB TYPE using the text tool again, hit Control/Enter and that will finally make the selection go away.  If I were to paste an object into that document while the text is selected, it just adds the new object to the selection. I've tried different ways to make the selection go away but the way I mentioned is the only thing I've found that works.

Weird selection.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you rebooted the computer?

When was the last time you reset the preferences?

Does this only happen with text objects? Or other types of objects as well?

In all files? Or just some files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's always text items.  Because if it's not a text item, then I don't know how I would resolve it.  I probably reboot my PC once every 2 or 3 weeks. I haven't reset my preferences in a long time. I can't remember when.  But, I don't believe this problem relates to those things because I get the same problem on my Surface Laptop Studio, which I bought about a year ago and have only used it for 1 month. With everything new, I still get this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines