Highlighted

Bugs in latest version - horrible

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really getting tired of battling the bugs in this latest version of Illustrator.

1. When I save a file as an AI file and then go to export it as a PNG or JPEG, the name of the last file I saved is still there - and yes, even if I wait until the complete save is done.

2. When I go to change a color to black, it goes white, then I have to go back in and change THAT to black - this one is actually older than this release - I've battled this for a while now.

3. It's freezing up on me more frequently, even on small files and I have PLENTY of space on my computer because all files are saved to the cloud.

I'd like to know when these will be fixed. They're all very aggravating and slow down progress.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

For your first problem, you may add your vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40728973-illustrator-is-not-exporting-with-the-current-file

Your second problem; could you give more info on how you change to black? It is hard to replicate.

And third, if you first save locally and then copy the saved file to the cloud (which one?) do you still have freezing problems?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bugs in latest version - horrible

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really getting tired of battling the bugs in this latest version of Illustrator.

1. When I save a file as an AI file and then go to export it as a PNG or JPEG, the name of the last file I saved is still there - and yes, even if I wait until the complete save is done.

2. When I go to change a color to black, it goes white, then I have to go back in and change THAT to black - this one is actually older than this release - I've battled this for a while now.

3. It's freezing up on me more frequently, even on small files and I have PLENTY of space on my computer because all files are saved to the cloud.

I'd like to know when these will be fixed. They're all very aggravating and slow down progress.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40728973-illustrator-is-not-exporting-with-the-current-file

Your second problem; could you give more info on how you change to black? It is hard to replicate.

And third, if you first save locally and then copy the saved file to the cloud (which one?) do you still have freezing problems?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40728973-illustrator-is...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the first - I will click the link. For the second problem, imagine you have a square - it's red fill with transparent stroke, but you want a black stroke. Double click the stroke box and type in or move the slider to black (000000) - it shows up white - then you have to go BACK in and get black, which works the second time. It's happened so often to me that it's automatic to change it twice - I don't really even think about it any more.

All my files are saved to the cloud always.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see your problem with assigning black.

Tried it in older versions and it looks like it has been that way many versions ago.

Never noticed it since I mostly use Swatches or the Color panel.

You may want to report it (or look for a similar bug) in https://illustrator.uservoice.com

About your cloud files, do you save them directly into a cloud synched folder?

And what cloud app do you use? iCloud, Dropbox...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0