Highlighted

Buy older version of Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

Do you know how I could buy an older version of Adobe Illustrator, by paying monthly?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

It depends on how old. If you get a monthly subscription, you will have access to Illustrator CS6 and forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Buy older version of Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

Do you know how I could buy an older version of Adobe Illustrator, by paying monthly?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

It depends on how old. If you get a monthly subscription, you will have access to Illustrator CS6 and forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camelia,

May I please know which version you want to buy?

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Could I purchase Illustrator 2?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can find it on ebay - probably.

I doubt that anyone who still has it, will sell it, because it's kind of a collectors' item now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 1
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara Ash gave the correct answer, except if you are going for dubious channels. A CC subscription of Illustrator (or any other product including the all apps option) makes available all different versions of that product from CS6 up to the current version. Test versions only include the latest version.

You need, however, paying attention to your OS as your OS still needs to support that version.They are available for download and installation, but they are no more updated and maintained.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 1
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camelia,

You can buy a subscription to Illustrator here with the single app plan:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Since you want to pay monthly, you can get either the annual plan, paid monthly, or for a little more per month, you can get a monthly plan.

The trial version is only available for the newest version.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 1
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Since you want to pay monthly, you can get either the annual plan, paid monthly, or for a little more per month, you can get a monthly plan.

Monthly plans and annual plans paid monthly differ in price and cancellation conditions, so be wise to know the differences when taking one or the other plan.

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 2
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only need the main functionalitites of AI, so no matter how old the version is, I just need the cheapest one, thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not sell any older version for less money. There is only the current subscription, which lets you run versions from the last 6 years or so.

Many companies and web sites offer cheap, old, copies of Adobe software. But Adobe stopped making them many years ago, and never sold them cheap. We believe most of these are fakes, often with viruses included. Be very, very careful about bargains. And don't accept any permanent license, no matter how convincing the jargon they make up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2018 0
Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Test Screen Name said, you most likely would not be able to activate a pirated copy, so it would be money wasted. The reason most people want to run an older version is that they have an older operating system. You might want to look at other vector programs that you can buy a legitimate license for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2018 0
Resources