CadTools plugin doesn't let Control Panel to show up in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An end user configured his own Workspace that he's used to, which requires Control Panel to be docked to top. After the CadTools 12.1.6 plugin was installed, the Control Panel is nowhere to be found. Resetting and other Workspace manipulations result in nothing.
Checking/unchecking the Control Panel from "Windows" - "Control" does nothing. There are different panels as Appereance and Transform that have same info but it seems as they can't be docked to the top, only to a side, which is not going to work for the end user and his work performance. 

There is CadTools control bar instead of Control Panel at the top after the plugin install. Hiding it, moving it to the bottom and other manipulations have resulted in nothing. Only after the plugin was deleted, the Control Panel was there again. Could you please advise on how to have the plugin installed and Control Panel docked to top simultaneously?

Thank you!

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5
Creative Cloud: Illustrator 2020 (version 24.3)

CadTools: 12.1.6

Correct answer by HelenMac | Community Beginner

SOLVED! Thank you all for your prompt replies! I was able to solve the issue. It's silly... While checking the Control panel by going to Windows - Control, I was only looking at the screen with the Illustrator app open. I can't stop smiling about it but today I was able to find the Control Panel over on another screen... (As an excuse, I was connected remotely and the user had multiple displays connected lol)

Hope that makes you smile as well!

Have a great day, everyone 🙂

TOPICS
Performance, Third party plugins, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CadTools plugin doesn't let Control Panel to show up in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An end user configured his own Workspace that he's used to, which requires Control Panel to be docked to top. After the CadTools 12.1.6 plugin was installed, the Control Panel is nowhere to be found. Resetting and other Workspace manipulations result in nothing.
Checking/unchecking the Control Panel from "Windows" - "Control" does nothing. There are different panels as Appereance and Transform that have same info but it seems as they can't be docked to the top, only to a side, which is not going to work for the end user and his work performance. 

There is CadTools control bar instead of Control Panel at the top after the plugin install. Hiding it, moving it to the bottom and other manipulations have resulted in nothing. Only after the plugin was deleted, the Control Panel was there again. Could you please advise on how to have the plugin installed and Control Panel docked to top simultaneously?

Thank you!

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5
Creative Cloud: Illustrator 2020 (version 24.3)

CadTools: 12.1.6

Correct answer by HelenMac | Community Beginner

SOLVED! Thank you all for your prompt replies! I was able to solve the issue. It's silly... While checking the Control panel by going to Windows - Control, I was only looking at the screen with the Illustrator app open. I can't stop smiling about it but today I was able to find the Control Panel over on another screen... (As an excuse, I was connected remotely and the user had multiple displays connected lol)

TOPICS
Performance, Third party plugins, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. When did this start happening? Are there any recent updates (CAD or Illustrator) made to your system?

Was the plugin working fine with older versions? If you haven't tried that, you may try installing version 2019 (keeping 2020 installed) from the Creative Cloud app. Steps are shared here.

Please do share your findings with us. This will help us understand the issue better and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is corrupt preferences, but it's pretty hard to say for certain. 

Start by first quitting Illustrator, then delete:

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Hot Door/CADtools YourVersion/Preferences
and
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings/en_US/Adobe Illustrator Prefs
and
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator/24.x.x

Launch Illustrator and check to see if the problem is fixed. If not, please call our free, toll-free tech support at 1-888-236-9540. We answer the phone in North Carolina from 8 am - 4 pm EST. Or, if you prefer, email support@hotdoor.com.

Have a nice day!

Brendon Cheves
Lead Developer
Hot Door, Inc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CADtools has to be compatible with the system and with Illustrator.

Can you check with hotdoor, if that is the case?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Resources