• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calligraphy brush drawing issue, white holes

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem when I draw with a calligraphy brush. Any idea why this happens? Its these white holes, the path looks clean.

2020-07-03_04-46-47.gif

And here are my brush settings

2020-07-03_04-50-20.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

You may call Zig Zag as a hole fighter that silently adds some (invisible) anchor points.

Select your brush objects, go to Effect > Distort and Transform > Zig Zag and use the following settings (for example).

zig_zag_001.png

Note that the Ridges per segment setting may have to vary, so just play a bit around with the settings.

You can save that as a graphic style and reuse it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View menu > View using CPU. And check to see if there's an update for your graphics card driver.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the issue. I think I've encountered it before and delt with it by nudging some of the anchor points into a slightly different position.

If you need to be more precise, you could Image > Expand Appearance, then use Pathfinder > Unite and with the Direct Selection tool, delete the shapes that are forming the holes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this, but I don't want to expand yet. I am looking for a fix for the brush strange behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is no fix; that's why I suggested a workaround. You can vote for a change at https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/34128700-ca...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may call Zig Zag as a hole fighter that silently adds some (invisible) anchor points.

Select your brush objects, go to Effect > Distort and Transform > Zig Zag and use the following settings (for example).

zig_zag_001.png

Note that the Ridges per segment setting may have to vary, so just play a bit around with the settings.

You can save that as a graphic style and reuse it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You may call Zig Zag as a hole fighter"

I think this will be a unique phrase on the web for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines