• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Creat a consistant program? The answer is NO.

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST ONCE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ADOBE STOP TINKERING POINTLESSLY WITH THIER APPS!!!!!

Just when you think you have mastered an app like Illustrator the fools go and completely F it up with random nosensical changes to tools, set-up, etc.

Seriously, Adobe, you are pushing me more and more to just move over to using all of Affinity's apps becuase dealing with your nonsense proves tiresome.

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

You are free in your choices.
However, Illustrator is the industry standard software.
Uses Illustrator file to exchange files between almost all software.

I use Affinity Designer. However, it is still very, very busy. Still in the mid-level amateur setting. Don't look at the showcase, everyday industry production caters to the middle and lower segment for print publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

At the moment most of what is happening is taking place under the hood.

Adapting Illustrator for GPU use.

Making the file format Cloud based.

And then there is a system update each year as well.

I would assume not a lot of people would want Illustrator discontinued and replaced by a completely new application which would

- be a 1.0 version with all consequences

- probably mess with existing workflows

So the only chance is to keep the existing software as it is while renewing it under the hoo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are free in your choices.
However, Illustrator is the industry standard software.
Uses Illustrator file to exchange files between almost all software.

I use Affinity Designer. However, it is still very, very busy. Still in the mid-level amateur setting. Don't look at the showcase, everyday industry production caters to the middle and lower segment for print publishing.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know. I've been using Adobe products since the days most of them were in beta in print production for 25+ years. It's just these last couple of years I've noticed that Illustrator developments seem more about slight bells and whistles instead of making a consistently solid app, which is more than maddening sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the moment most of what is happening is taking place under the hood.

Adapting Illustrator for GPU use.

Making the file format Cloud based.

And then there is a system update each year as well.

I would assume not a lot of people would want Illustrator discontinued and replaced by a completely new application which would

- be a 1.0 version with all consequences

- probably mess with existing workflows

So the only chance is to keep the existing software as it is while renewing it under the hood.

And then there are all these new users whoc have never even seen the old app, but expect a completely different approach to almost everything it does.

And yes: agile software development.

It looks like you simply can't please all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines