• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe PLEASE fix the Document Presets window

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I've wanted to create my own default settings in illustrator. Imagine if when I opened illustrator, in the 'New Document' Window,  there was a a previously saved document size ready to go. Imagine if when I entered sizes for the first time there was a an obvious bright blue 'Save preset' button and when I clicked it, the preset was saved under the 'Saved' tab. 

Imagine if when I opened the document; the graphic styles, swatches and symbols  I'd deleted thosands of times in the past, were gone for good. I don't thiink anyone used those graphic styles anyway. Now imagine if the graphic styles I made were somehow saved in a location and set as the default graphic styles, so everytime I opened illustrator my personal defaults were...DEFAULT!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

You can do everything you describe with Document Profiles.

Yes, it would be very nice if they worked like you describe. But unfortunately it's a bit more convoluted than that:

https://happyrainbow.art/2019/06/06/document-profiles-in-illustrator/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

The engineers don't read this forum. They read Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic. I'm pretty sure I got here based on clicking 'bugs/featue request' in illustrators help menu. 
The audacity. Reminds me of this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum is 95% people who aren't even staff. You can recognize staff easily, because they are tagged as "Staff".

We can't change anything in the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm pretty sure I got here based on clicking 'bugs/featue request' in illustrators help menu. "

I'm pretty sure you didn't. Because I just tried it out and the link gets you to Uservoice.

Anyway: your own New document Profiles are in the Startscreen. Only they are well hidden. But we on the forum cannot change it. And if you don't report on Uservoice, the engineers won't ever notice your wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yeah, I checked after typing that. Maybe it was through creative cloud app. Who knows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you explored New Document Profiles? Could be what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean presets?

I'm wanting to be more specific than artboard sizes. The best I've managed so far is making templates (.ait) bit I'd rather they be on my homescreen, rather than keeping files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do everything you describe with Document Profiles.

Yes, it would be very nice if they worked like you describe. But unfortunately it's a bit more convoluted than that:

https://happyrainbow.art/2019/06/06/document-profiles-in-illustrator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and thanks @Monika Gause. Great to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines