Highlighted

Can anyone recommend a reputable printer in the UK?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know a reputable printer in the UK?  I am in the USA and have a client in the UK and we need to find a reputable printer to do some color printing of cards, posters, booklets, etc.  We are looking for litho/offset printing rather than digital printing. 

Has anyone worked with a company called: Augustus Press?

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Christa

Topics

Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can anyone recommend a reputable printer in the UK?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know a reputable printer in the UK?  I am in the USA and have a client in the UK and we need to find a reputable printer to do some color printing of cards, posters, booklets, etc.  We are looking for litho/offset printing rather than digital printing. 

Has anyone worked with a company called: Augustus Press?

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Christa

Topics

Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a definite answer, but some general remarks, which might help.

If you're very well familiar with supplying materials to printers in your US areas, and already routined with all kinds of pre-press settings like color management, then you could simply hand the job to any quick and professional printer who meets your demands. If you're in need of some guidance, then also look for their communicative skills – not just their price tag. A co-operative printer can prevent mistakes, ease your work, and help you to understand what's going on.

On a personal note: I always verify if they're capable of processing more modern PDF standards than the old and unnecessary cumbersome "Certified" PDFx (2001). And if they're requiring things from your side like "convert fonts to outline, flatten transparancy, no RGB images" I typically shun them as hell...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines