Can gradient swatches be used as a fill with a gradient mesh?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can gradient swatches be used as a fill with a gradient mesh? I would like to fill a mesh with a gradient swatch without having to fill each point of a mesh with a different color. Illustrator 24.2.3 on a Mac running 10.14.5

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 04, 2020
Simmer1 Adobe Community Professional , Oct 04, 2020
Hi, Like Kurt said the Gradient Mesh Tool does not have that feature. The closest Tool to what you are requesting would be the Free Form Gradient tool: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/discover/article/make-it-in-a-minute-freeform-gradients   Other than that it's all about taking your time to get the desired finish with the gradient Mesh, I would imagine without having seen a screenshot.   Hope this helps, Sim

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gradient meshes are not provided with that capability.

Can you show your gradient mesh? Perhaps there may be some kind of workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Like Kurt said the Gradient Mesh Tool does not have that feature. The closest Tool to what you are requesting would be the Free Form Gradient tool: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/discover/article/make-it-in-a-minute-freeform-gradients

Other than that it's all about taking your time to get the desired finish with the gradient Mesh, I would imagine without having seen a screenshot.

Hope this helps,

Sim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines