• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I select all text with the same paragraph style to apply a graphic style (a small stroke)?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very large number (1460) of text objects with the same paragraph style which i need to apply a stroke to. Is there any way to do this with graphic styles? or any other way?

thank you 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

You can setup the Paragraph style with one of the default options (yes, it is strang you cannot change them).

Apply it to some text, select the characters and change the stroke.

In the Paragraph Styles menu choose > Redefine Paragraph Style

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modifying your paragraph styles in order to apply the strokes may be a way to do it.

Does that not work?

By the way, which version of Illustrator are you using,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply - I can't see the option to apply a stroke on the paragraph style? It would be amazing if i could do that! Can you point me in the right direction on that? 

I'm using version 24.3 

thank you ever so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah I've just found it! I'd looked at the character colour option so many times too.... Unfortunately, it only allows fixed weights and I need a very light 0.1 - 0.15. 

So back to square one 😞 Can i apply a graphic style to a paragraph style?

Any help still most gratefully recieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not there in the Paragraph Styles Options dialog in the Character Colour section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i found it but unfortunately it only allows fixed stroke weights, i need one in the range of 0.1 - 0.15. Wondering if a graphic style will be able to do this for me still. 

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can setup the Paragraph style with one of the default options (yes, it is strang you cannot change them).

Apply it to some text, select the characters and change the stroke.

In the Paragraph Styles menu choose > Redefine Paragraph Style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I prefer the Graphic Styles because in Paragraph and Character Styles you only have fixed stroke weights.

This is how a create the Styles for texts GraphicStylesForText 

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, Carlos, it can be done with graphic styles, but it is a very limited method since graphic styles are not able to carry most of the type specific settings that paragraph styles or character styles can provide.

Ton's suggestion may work, but it is a pretty daring way that may be unreliable in case one is going to exchange the paragraph styles. Importing them may (rather often) change the original style settings (unwanted rounding issues or even more strange misinterpretations, for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines