Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I share my scripts freely?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether I can share my Adobe Illustrator and Indesign scripts on free basis (in a repo)? Or is there some policy or rules that specify the conditions for it from Adobe?

Thanks a lot in advance !

TOPICS
Scripting , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Please do that, there are lots of needy folks around who will benefit. There is no issue whatsoever if you are the original scripter of the scripts you want to share.

Kudos to you who wants to be so helpful to the community. I appreciate it.

We share code snippets here on the forum as well in response to queries, so it would be nice if you do hang around and if you notice any query that would benefit from your scripts please be kind enough to add your thoughts on it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do that, there are lots of needy folks around who will benefit. There is no issue whatsoever if you are the original scripter of the scripts you want to share.

Kudos to you who wants to be so helpful to the community. I appreciate it.

We share code snippets here on the forum as well in response to queries, so it would be nice if you do hang around and if you notice any query that would benefit from your scripts please be kind enough to add your thoughts on it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are the author, if you have permission from the author or if the author has made a script free to use and distribute, then you are free to share.  Adobe has no say in the matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

like Manan and and femkeblanco said, you're free to share your own scripts.

you can make individual posts here in the forum explaining how each works, or you could just write a post with a link to your repository.

thanks for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines