• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use an adobe vector once licensed for a company logo?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started looking at vectors off of adobe and liscened one of them for my own use.
I am thinking about creating my own company, but I want to make sure that putting the vector (once liciensed) will not go against any legalities of ownerhsip,

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the response given earlier, I'd request checking out the Adobe Stock licensing page and buy the license accordingly. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to read the license agreement. But if you want a logo to represent your company's identity, shouldn't it be uniquely yours, not something that many others can buy as well. The purpose of a logo and identity is to tell your company's story. If you ever need to trademark it, you will likely have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Michele offered, you'd want to double-check against the licensing document-ese to be absolutely sure ...

But you licensed the art from Adobe Stock? And you're designing the logo? You should be able to use it just fine. Unless you choose to sell something with the stock art on it — e.g. T-shirts, posters, etc. — your standard license should do just fine. I would double-check to be absolutely sure, I'm not a lawyer, but as I understand it your own use fits within the definition of your standard license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the response given earlier, I'd request checking out the Adobe Stock licensing page and buy the license accordingly. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines