• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I work from an Illustrator file from both my iMac and iPad pro?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was in the search for a laptop to have as my secondary device, but all the MacBooks are out of my price range. I was wondering, can I buy an iPad pro and work on let's say Illustrator, or Photoshop files from both my iMac and a iPad pro?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Illustrator in the iPad can work on the same files you create on the desktop (and vice versa). But it has limited functionality and you have to take care that you don't accidentally expand some live object when working on the iPad.

So: yes, what you want can be done, but it depends on the kind of work you would like to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Monika's response, I'd recommend checking out this FAQ(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/ipad-faqs.html#file) to know more about file workflow in Illustrator on the iPad. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator in the iPad can work on the same files you create on the desktop (and vice versa). But it has limited functionality and you have to take care that you don't accidentally expand some live object when working on the iPad.

So: yes, what you want can be done, but it depends on the kind of work you would like to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Monika's response, I'd recommend checking out this FAQ(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/ipad-faqs.html#file) to know more about file workflow in Illustrator on the iPad. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines