• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can illustrator export image include Geo Tag (GPS location) in PREXIF?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use script to export image from illustrator to PNGs. Can illustrator export images attached GPS location with altitude/latitude inside PREXIF?

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

I doubt it. I exported a png file via a script and looked at the exif data (see screenshot below—this would be where longitude and latitude would appear). Also I haven't seen any meta-data related features in the exporting functions exposed to scripting. Your best bet might be to use an extra tool (eg. exiftool) to add the exif data after exporting. 

m1b_0-1617001696528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt it. I exported a png file via a script and looked at the exif data (see screenshot below—this would be where longitude and latitude would appear). Also I haven't seen any meta-data related features in the exporting functions exposed to scripting. Your best bet might be to use an extra tool (eg. exiftool) to add the exif data after exporting. 

m1b_0-1617001696528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines