Can not get out of outline preview.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get out of the outline preview. These are some solution I had tried and it didn't work.
p.s.The artworks I'm working on are pretty large.

1. Restart my laptop

2. Command + click the eye icon

3. Command + Y 

4. Quit program and reopened

5.Delete several files on my laptop.

my laptop is macbook prob2017

Thank you in advance 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your doc title say? And what's the first command in the View menu?

If you are in Preview mode and your layers are in Preview mode, your sublayers may be in Outline mode.

Untitled.png

If any of your sublayers are in Outline mode, there should be a Preview All Layers command in the drop down menu in you Layers panel.

Untitled2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May0D4C AUTHOR
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, my title says view using GPU command+E  and Preview command+Y . However, the first title is unable to click. I click the second one it says Can't finish previewing.
      That's right on the layer panel eyes icon are showned. I tried the drop down process as you mentioned. Still, it says can't finish previewing. 

Thank you for your help, appreciate it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sometimes happen when working on extraordinary complex documents with a myriad of objects. Often the only way to fix it is to simplify (parts of) the entire illustration.

"Simplifying" may have different meanings in this context. Can you perhaps share the Illustrator file (.ai), so one can have a look at it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. This issue is being reviewed by the product team. You may upvote & add your comment on this Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42443869-view-u...) and stay tuned for the updates.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines