Highlighted

Can't attach AI file to community post

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to attach an AI file to a post on this forum to illustrate an issue I'm having and I receive the error:

The attachment's filename.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

What am I doing wrong?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't attach AI file to community post

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to attach an AI file to a post on this forum to illustrate an issue I'm having and I receive the error:

The attachment's filename.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

What am I doing wrong?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to save as .pdf with the Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities option turned on. I think you will then be able to attach the file.

Or you can use a file sharing provider like Google Drive (or your Adobe cloud storage) and provide a download link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the response. Saving as a PDF will work for this case. 

But seriously? We can't attach AI files to posts in the Illustrator support forum?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider this: if you attach it, then you are uploading to Adobe's servers and you cannot pull it from there on your own. Upload it to your Cloud and you can delete it any time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, good question. I've complained about that lack for about two decades, but I'm not a decision-maker and cannot change the current behaviour.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I have shared your feedback to the Product team. Till the time it is fixed, you can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) as suggested by Monika and share the download link. 

We'd be happy to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0