Highlighted

Can't change keyboard increments?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This problem probably has a simple solution, but I can't find it! I can't change my keyboard increments. It's locked in at 18in and when I change the number and hit 'OK' I get that 'plonk' sound of doom that means it is not going to work and then it doesn't and when I open up the General settings box, it's set back at 18in.

I haven't seen this issue addressed before, and closing down and restarting didn't fix it. Help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't change keyboard increments?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This problem probably has a simple solution, but I can't find it! I can't change my keyboard increments. It's locked in at 18in and when I change the number and hit 'OK' I get that 'plonk' sound of doom that means it is not going to work and then it doesn't and when I open up the General settings box, it's set back at 18in.

I haven't seen this issue addressed before, and closing down and restarting didn't fix it. Help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reset you preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reset them! And I'm still having the same problem. It's even still stuck at 18 inches. But thanks for the suggestion!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "closing down and restarting" do you mean Illustrator or your computer? Most of the strangenesses I've encountered over the years have been fixed by one if not the other.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mystery solved-- sort of. I needed to move something by a 24 inch increment. But this is impossible, because the increment limit is 18 inches. So my preferences weren't "stuck"—they can't be changed to the number I want. Womp, womp. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0