Can't change shape of text box?

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now updated to 24.2 Mac, using Catalina.

Using the selection tool, I can no longer grab the corner of a text box (point type or area type) to change its shape... What am I missing? Gotta be user error... Preference? Please advise as this is quite frustrating.

Thank you Monika. I did need to not try that. Restarted the machine... sometimes that cures a variety of things.

With the restart, the app icon for AI is updated and the launch screen looks different. So maybe it was just confused. It seems to have corrected itself.

Thank goodness! LOL!

TOPICS
Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't change shape of text box?

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now updated to 24.2 Mac, using Catalina.

Using the selection tool, I can no longer grab the corner of a text box (point type or area type) to change its shape... What am I missing? Gotta be user error... Preference? Please advise as this is quite frustrating.

Thank you Monika. I did need to not try that. Restarted the machine... sometimes that cures a variety of things.

With the restart, the app icon for AI is updated and the launch screen looks different. So maybe it was just confused. It seems to have corrected itself.

Thank goodness! LOL!

TOPICS
Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does View > Show bounding box work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness! LOL!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 0
Resources