• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change workspace

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of learning how to use Illustrator and have run into a snag. It was working fine until I loaded it up today. My menus have dissapeared and I can't change my workspace. I click on window --> workspace --> essentials but it stays stuck on 'layout." I have tried changing it from the drop down menu pictured and same thing--it doesn't even entertain the idea of switching to anything beside layout. The reset options below it are also grayed out. I already tried deleting my saved preferences but it had no effect. 

StuckonLayout.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Hi

Try resetting the Preferences. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting the Preferences. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and that got my panels/toolbars to show up again. However, when I try to change my workspace from essentials classic it won't change to anything else. Additionally, I am on essentials classic and it doesn't have all of the windows that essentials classic usually has...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I reset it again and it's working now. I also reset the warning dialogs in the general preferences menu this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad resetting preferences helped.

In your first post, Reset [current workspace] was grayed out. Try Resetting the workspace now. If you need other panels, you can find them in the Window menu

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines