• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't color vector in AI

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was drawing out this awesome vector, and I am done with it. But during drawing the lines I accidentally started a live paint group. I did not know not to do this so early on. Whenever I try to merge all of the lines into the live paint group, the picture below happens. All of the lines get broken up really bad and it looks awful. I have tried to rasterize and trace the image but that comes out looking bad no matter what settings I put it on. Takes away a lot of the sharpness so that is not an option. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to like, take away the live paint group and re-make it without screwing this all up. 

Alternatively I would not be opposed to throwing it in another program that I can keep it as a vector. Obviously opening it in photoshop and saving it immediately makes it not a vector anymore and this is for the front patch of a jersey so I need it to stay vectored for the manufacturer. So if anyone has any programs where I can color it and keep it as a vector, I can go that route. 

But any way to fix this in AI would be appreciated as well. I've tried everything with the Pathfinder as well and all of those options mess it up as well. 

Any help appreciated! 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Christipher,

How about releasing, then editing the properties of the paths?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html#expand_or_release_a_live_paint_group

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christipher,

How about releasing, then editing the properties of the paths?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html#expand_or_release_a_live_paint_grou...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines