• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Copy & Paste

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue suddenly with not being able to copy and paste in Illustrator CS6 64bit. I've been using it for years with no issues until now. It will let me do it once or twice and then stop until I close out and restart the program again. I'm a graphic designer, I copy & paste all day. It's frustrating.. I've tried some ways I've found online, I reset my preferences and it didn't work (wish I hadn't, now my boards and panels are confusing), I've tried virus and malware scans, driver updates... etc. Nothing. Is there anything else I could do?

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Do you have that issue using the shortcuts and using the commands?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens any way I try it. I've tried every command. I can copy and paste only when I isolate selected group, which is weird. I never use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. it doesn't sound familiar to me. I do suppose you only mean in-program copy and pasting, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just to clarify: if you create a simple object like a rectangle, select it with the Selection tool (the black one) and select Edit > Copy and Edit > Paste, you don't get the copy?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue very similar. Basically Copy/Paste has become very unreliable. Paste in Place too. The copy and cut does work. However the paste/paste in place... etc only occasionaly functions as expected - perhaps as few as 1 in 10 attempts. The majority of the time all I can paste is unstyled text... including rectangles which also paste as text descriptions of the geometric shape... as if an SVG description. I have unchecked the SVG paste box in the preference for file handling, but this made no difference. The placing of the paste is rarely where I expect it to appear. I am running Mac 10.13.6, Adobe Illustrator 24.3.  If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you use a clipboard enhancer in your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines